One Little Word


This year, I'm joining groups of people all over the country who are choosing to focus on One Little Word. The actual word each person chooses will vary depending on the person's goals for this new year. My word is:

Relax.

It's a simple word, but it's a feeling, an action, a state of mind that evades me on a daily basis. I started a graduate program two years ago, work full time, am involved in my school and community and generally feel a bit nutty on most days. Some who know me cannot believe that this would be a word that I would choose to focus on because I seem like I have it all under control. This is an illusion. I have a hard time letting go, so to speak, and just living. I hope to adapt my schedule and my mind to accepting a more relaxed pace. This is the goal.

What is your One Little Word for 2010?

Link to flickr photo group